SPECTRAFLOW, now in India
Cross belt analysers have been gaining popularity over years especially for the raw material analysis that goes for raw meal preparations. This leads to consistency of raw meal before clinkerisation takes place.
Ramco Cements, an independent Indian group, ordered a Crossbelt and Airslide analyzer from SpectraFlow analytics, for their new integrated plant at Kalvatala, to optimize the stability of their raw meal.
Ramco Cements Limited, founded in 1961, is a reputed cement manufacturer in India, headquartered in Chennai. Ramco Cements produces superior quality cement at their state-of-the art facilities including integrated cement plants and grinding units. The company is the fifth largest cement manufacturer in India and also produces Ready Mix Concrete and Dry Mortar products and operates one of the largest wind farms in the country.
About Ramco Cements Limited, Kalvatala plant:
Greenfield integrated cement plant is being setup at Kalvatala, Kolimigundla Mandal, Kurnool District. The foundation stone was laid in December 2018 and the plant shall be operational in first quarter of 2021. The project will include a Waste Heat Recovery System and a Thermal Power Plant.
FLS was chosen as the main equipment supplier and Ramco Project Team looked after specialized components themselves and choose SpectraFlow Analytics Crossbelt Analyzer for their stockpile and pre-blending management and SpectraFlow Airslide Analyzer for the raw meal optimization of their two raw mills.
SpectraFlow Installation for Quarry/Stockpile Optimization:
The SpectraFlow Crossbelt Analyzer is the online analyzer to be able to measure raw materials on belt conveyors. As raw materials from the quarry are processed through a crusher the raw material on the conveyor belt is statistically homogeneous and therefore the analytical results of the SpectraFlow Crossbelt Analyzer are accurate.
By using SpectraFlow Crossbelt analyzer and a site specific blending strategy at Kavalatala the high variation in the local raw materials shall be balanced out to increase consistency of the stockpile quality.
Summarized benefits are:
- No need of sampling. Sampling from conveyor belts is unrepresentative and slow for process optimization. Additionally, sampling is very work intensive regarding operation and maintenance.
- The analyzer together with a Pre-Blending control software from RAMCO SYSTEMS is fully automating the feed from the hoppers. The analyzer delivers the analytical results and according the setpoint the software is adjusting the feeders into the mixing stage
- The analyzer together with a Pre-Blending control software is informing the quarry/crusher operators of the current composition of the stockpile and accordingly the trucks can be coordinated to reach the setpoint of the stockpile.
- Stockpile quality will be homogeneous and on setpoint. That results in stable and low additive consumption at the raw mill.
- Stable feed from the stockpile leads to stable raw mill operation and fine raw meal/clinker quality.
SpectraFlow Installation for Raw Mill Optimization:
The SpectraFlow Airslide Analyzer is the online analyzer to be able to measure raw materials in airslides. As raw materials in airslides are very homogeneous and dry the analytical results of the SpectraFlow Airslide Analyzer are very accurate and based on these accurate results the raw mix control software can optimize the weight feeders before the raw mill in real time every minute. This results in very low LSF STDEV without the need of extensive sampling and laboratory efforts.
Kalvatala operates 2 Roller Press raw. The raw meal will feed to a joint airslide where the SpectraFlow Airslide analyzer will measure.
For the control of the weight feeders at the 2 raw mills Ramco will use control software from RAMCO SYSTEMS.
By using SpectraFlow an increase in the raw meal homogeneity will be achieved.
Summarized benefits are:
- Two raw mills can be controlled by one online analyzer.
- No need of intensive sampling. No automated sample transport system, no automated laboratory required.
- High cost reduction due to reduced laboratory usage (CAPEX, OPEX, man power,…)
- The analyzer together with the control software is fully automating the raw material grinding. The analyzer delivers the analytical results and according the setpoint the software is adjusting the weight feeders of the additive bins.
- Adjustment of the weight feeders in real time every minute. No time delay due to sampling, sample preparation, …
- Lower LSF STDEV/better and more consistent raw mill quality
This SpectraFlow order is the 39th order for the Cement Industry and the 1st installation in India. This order raises the installed based in India to 2 analyzers (1 Crossbelt & 1 Airslide) and worldwide to 56 analyzers (31 Crossbelt & 25 Airslide).
SpectraFlow Analytics Ltd. Switzerland are the experts in providing online analysis for the cement and minerals industry without any radioactive sources nor neutron generators. The NIR technology used for the SpectraFlow Analyzers is not requiring any permits or licenses and there are no restrictions in buying, importing or maintaining the analyzers. This results in very low operating costs and high availability of the analyzers combined with highly accurate measurement results.
For further information, contact: Vijay Kumar Vemuri, Managing Partner, SPV Engineers, 2242, BHEL MIG,
Phase-I, Serilingampally, Hyderabad - 502032
M no. +91 8885744161, Email:email@example.com