Under normal running mode, single-phase mains power supply charges a pack of batteries which in turn supplies power to the elevator motor operation. So in the event of a power failure, the battery pack continues to operate the elevator that too up to a 100 trips.
Thus the GeN2 SWITCH would prove to be a boon in parts of the country which suffer from excess power outages.
Clearly, introducing this technology will provide the following customer benefits:
- Costs savings using 230 V single phase power supply rather than 400 V 3-phase.
- Normal elevator use even in case of power cuts (up to 100 trips)
- Regenerated energy captured into batteries that makes system more reliable in power cut situations.
- Improved safety for installation and maintenance due to low voltage application.
- Also, convenient as the requirement is only single phase power supply
- Compatible with alternative energy sources like solar panels that makes it truly sustainable.
Because the system is based on GeN2 Technology, all the other technological aspects of GeN2 system come available in SWITCH
OTIS Elevator Company (India) Ltd
Tel: 91-22-2844 9700/6679 5151
Fax: 91-22-2844 9791/9793