Economy & Market
KHD Humboldt Wedag preheaters
KHD built the first preheater (Germany, Bomke & Bleckmann), a starting point of a new era of optimising the heat consumption of the clinker pyro-processing system. At the time, this technical revolution reduced the heat consumption by nearly 50 percentage. Modern cyclone pre-heaters from KHD have considerably reduced the heat consumption of kiln lines, while ensuring availability and operational safety. The raw meal processed in the kiln first passes through the pre-heater absorbing the heat content of the kiln and PYROCLON - gases minimising the heat consumption of the system.
- 270- inlet spiral with improved inlet geometry.
- An optimum of separation efficiency and pressure drop from immersion tube, separation efficiency of top stage approx. 95%.
- Steep cones to minimize coating tendency.
- Low gas flow velocities in the immersion tubes between 10 and 15 m/sec.
- Pre-heaters with modern designed cyclones produce low pressure drops and are high in separation efficiency. This also leads to improvement in energy efficiency of the system.
KHD Humboldt Wedag