Automatic Lubricator from SKF
ACC Cement, Holcim Group Company has 5 concrete ready mix units in and around Bangalore. In these plants, concrete is prepared by combining various ingredients like sand, water, aggregate (rocks, gravel, etc.), fly ash, ad mixture and cement.
A concrete plant can have a variety of parts and accessories, including but not limited to: mixers, batching system, conveyors, radial stackers, aggregate bins, cement bins, heaters, chillers, cement silos, batch plant controls, and dust collectors. The majority of concrete ready mix plants are located within 10- 20 km radius of site of construction; taking into account its setting time. Concrete prepared must be delivered to its destination within 1.5 to 2 hours.
Issues faced by ACC Cement:
- Grease contamination owing to dusty and harsh operation conditions
- Poor operator safety as most of the greasing points area are at heights & inaccessible
- Possibilities of no greasing, under & over greasing
- Impact on bearing service life because of poor lubrication practices
- Higher maintenance cost due to unplanned shutdown & higher grease consumption
- Customer satisfaction issues related to on time delivery
The Solution SKF offered:
Features of SKF System 24:
- Toolless set up
- Detailed information on the label minimises risks of improper installation
- Designed and tested for the toughest real working conditions IP 68 - Dust tight and water-proof ATEX approved for zone 0
- Optimum dial readability
- Detachable batteries for an environmentally friendly disposal
- Specially designed top ring for an optimum grip
- Transparent container facilitates inspection tasks
- Completely trouble free greasing
- Enhanced operator & equipment safety
- Reduced grease consumption
- Improved plant reliability
- Strict compliance to customer internal safety & lubrication standards
The fact that a Holcim Group company has recommended the implementation of System 24 worldwide is testimony to the benefits of this system."
- Sudhir Rege, Director, Industrial market,
Regional sales and services, South Asia, SKF.
"Installation of SKF System 24 - LAGD 125/WA2 ensured trouble free greasing and significant improvement in overall plant reliability. We would gratefully recommend SKF to all our associates."
- Dr. K S Bhoon , Head - Organizational
performance excellence , ACC Concrete, Holcim group.