IFF Group: Filtering Out Pollution
Filters play a big role in pollution control measures and equipment. The IFF Group supplies a complete range of dust collector accessories (filter bags and cages), airslide fabrics and cartridges. It is one of the leading manufacturers across the globe serving the domestic and international markets with a range of quality products, empowered by the latest technology and a qualified team of expert professionals.
Pradeep Maheshwari, Managing Director, IFF Group is a first-generation entrepreneur who embarked on this journey from Indore, MP, with a small trading company dealing in filtration products. After four decades, the enterprise has bloomed into a full-fledged manufacturing facility spread over 100,000 sq ft housing the most automated filter bags and cages production units. With the commencement of its non-woven division in 2010 and with the further expansion of plant by adding the Membrane Lamination facility in 2013, today the IFF Group is manufacturing world class technical non-woven felt and PTFE lamination fabric. This manufacturing unit replaces the need to import technical felts and membrane laminated fabric and strengthens the company´s backward integration chain by producing world class products in India. As a provider of comprehensive filtrating solutions, the company´s goal is to meet the growing needs of various sectors and make India self-reliant in this area. ´We are your first and final stop when it comes to filtration products,´ is the IFF motto.
An ISO-certified company using modern production methods and world class automated machinery to produce a wide range of quality filtration products, IFF maintains stringent QA/QC procedures with high technology and a well-equipped lab for testing, which enables expert analysis for bag house problems. As leaders, the group endeavours to innovate and produce products that are in line with the global standards and are environment friendly, too.
IFF non-wovens enjoy the distinction of being one of the few manufacturers of premium filter fabrics in India. Decades of vast experience and technical expertise in the field of filtration (be it air-dust, solid-liquid, gas-dust separation) is something that sets the company apart from other manufacturers.
The IFF team of experts can guide end- users with customised solutions for sophisticated demands and tailor- made products, in addition to providing comprehensive service throughout the lifecycle of the filter media. With the latest and fully automated machinery, advanced testing equipment and emphasis on continuous improvement enables IFF to constantly innovate products that are in sync with the rapidly emerging industry trends and also meet international standards.
Trouble-shooting, IFF style
S Satpute, V P Technical, IFF, shares with readers two major problems solved during January 2014.
- Problem I (at Lafarge Aresmeta, Bilaspur) The glass with membrane bags in kiln exhaust application were getting damaged at a few locations.
- Remedy: A personal visit to the site to identify the reason for the bags` failure. It was observed that the bags were getting damaged due to rusting of the cage.
As a corrective action, the location of such cases was immediately identified and the cages reconditioned and painted afresh, and replaced with new bags. Also, pulsing pressure was observed 5 kg/cm¦ as against 3.5 kg/cm¦. Now cleaning pressure restored to 3.5 kg/cm¦.
- Results: No report from site regarding failure of bags, and emissions are less than 20 mg/nm3.
- Problem II: (at ACC, Madukkarai) Some of the glass (in the?) membrane bags was found damaged in the pulse jet bag filter for kiln exhaust application.
- Remedy: An IFF engineer attended to the shutdown and checked all bags. A few bags were observed with holes and the fabric was found damaged.
Wherever bags were noticed in damaged condition, the cage surface was also found rusted. After cleaning the cage surfaces, the bags were replaced with new ones.
- Results: As a first visual observation, the stack was observed to be clean, no emission was detected. The replaced bags` performance is under observation.
Feather in the IFF cap
- In 2013, the IFF non-woven plant added another feather to its cap when it commissioned its own membrane laminated manufacturing facility, thereby making the IFF Group a vertically integrated filter solutions company. Since then, the group has been taking significant strides to become one of the most reliable partners when it comes to needle-punched fabrics for not only filtration applications but several others like shoe-lining, geotextiles, etc, and be the market leader in nonwoven materials too.
- According to Martin Cross, Director Technical, the IFF non-woven division posted its highest billing and highest production figures since inception.
- This was boosted by two orders for the new offering to the industrial filtration market, Synergy P. Both orders were for the growing export market. In addition, the company has also seen a very positive uptake for another new product range, Synergy G, with significant sales of laminated glass product types.
- We continue to strive to improve our products and in order to do this; we have invested in the tools to ensure the highest quality standards. As a result, we have added to our laboratory facilities a new piece of equipment which measures the filtration efficiency of our materials, said Cross.
- At IFF non-wovens, it has been a constant endeavour to specialise in the production of leading edge non-woven and membrane laminated products which are in sync with the changing demands of the emerging industries.