India Cement Review conference 2014
Cement industry in India growing at a healthy rate of 8 per cent y-o-y. As demand for cement keeps increasing, the Indian cement industry to remain globally-competitive needs to focus on cost control, continuous technology upgradation and skill development.
To address the concerns of cement producers in India, Indian Cement Review magazine in 2013 launched the annual event - INDIA CEMENT REVIEW CONFERENCE. The first edition of the conference was held on 21st April 2013 in Mumbai and a large number of companies participated including UltraTech, JK Lakshmi Cement, Birla Cement, India Cements, Dalmia Cement, Lafarge, Anjani Portland, Emami Cement, Shree Cement, Total Concrete, Tata Consulting Engineers, Siemens, My Home Industries, DMRC, Takraf, FL Smidth, Cemex, Holtec, RDC Concrete, IJ Concrete, Tata Projects, L&T Construction, Cement Manufacturers Association, Afcons Infrastructure, Essar Oil, Bhagawati Associates, Petron Engineering, Murli Cement, New Consolidated Construction Co, Ambuja Cement.
The 2nd edition of the Indian Cement Review Conference on 21st of March 2014 in Mumbai will bring together leaders from cement industry manufacturers, vendors and users to share experiences and discuss. "Sustainability in Cement industry."
The conference also provides a high-powered networking opportunity through an hour long one-on-one networking session, where delegates can pre-fix meetings with speakers. It will culminate with a CEO Panel which will discuss vision for cement industry. Confirmed domain experts speaking at the event include NA Viswanathan, Secretary General, CMA; Narendra Patil , Product Manager - Medium Voltage Converter, Drives Technologies, Siemens; Vivek Taneja, Head - Business Development, Thermax; Ulhas, Parlikar, Director, Alternative Fuels and Raw Material. Business, ACC; Jayant Saha, Director, Penta Cement; KN Rao, Director - Energy and Environment, ACC; JD Bapat, Pvt Consultant; Mahendra Patil, Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Transparent Technologies; Vipin Agarwal, CEO, Dalmia Cement; Manish Mathur, India Partner. Invited speakers include, A T Kearney; Vinita Singhania, MD, JK Laxmi Cements; BN Murthy, Director, Bharti Cements; Pawan Ahluwalia, MD, KJS Cement; AV Dharma Krishnan, CEO, Madras Cements; Rakesh Jain, MD, RCC Cements and Rajeev Mehta from UltraTech.
The advisory committee:
- Sumit Banerjee, Former Vice Chairman, Reliance Cement.
- Ajay Hans, Managing Director, Petron.
- Ajit Apte, Managing Director, Transparent Technologies
- Ashwin Raukundalia, Sr VP, Ambuja Cements
- Atul Khosla, Managing Director, CRH India Management Services
- Bhaskar Ranjan Das, Sales Director, Realisation
- Chetan Raikar, CMD, Structwell.
- JD Bapat, Private Consultant.
- KN Rao, Director - Energy and Environment, ACC.
- NC Mavani, MD, Chem Verse
- SV Joshi, Joint Secretary, Cement Manufacturers Association.
- Suchismita Bhattacharya, Manager, Penta India Cement.
- Vivek Taneja, Head - Business Development, Thermax.
Supporting organizations: Cement Manufacturers Association, Indian Association of Structural Engineers, American Concrete Institute - India Chapter.
Topics Of Discussion
Sustainability through Energy Management
- Conserving energy in Cement plants - Kiln, Grinding & milling, blowers & compressors
- Waste heat recovery systems
- Alternative fuels: types, performance and preprocessing
- Automation to save energy
Sustainability through Environment Protection
- Regulatory compliance
- Reducing CO2 emissions
- Dust Control
Sustainability through Resource Management
- Raw Material shortage and substitutes
- Logistics: Fleet management
- Skill development
Contact: Vrushali Kulkarni at Vrushali@ASAPPmedia.com 022-24193000