JK Lakshmi: A national producer with global standards
Lakshmi Cement was established in 1982 in a remote area in the zero-industry district of Sirohi, Rajasthan. Today it is one of the more established names in the cement industry known for its quality and performance.
JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd has a state-of-the-art plant at Jaykaypuram, dist. Sirohi, Rajasthan. With capacity expansion and further commissioning of a split location grinding unit at Motibhoyan, Kalol (Gujarat), the combined capacity of the company today stands at 4.75 mtpa. With the use of the latest technology from Blue Circle Industries and modern equipment from Fuller International of USA, the company is going from strength to strength.
It is also the first cement producer of Northern India to be awarded an ISO 9002 certificate and be accredited by NABL (Department of Science & Technology, Government of India) for its Lab Quality Management systems.
JK Lakshmi Cement's manufacturing facility has been rated amongst the greenest cement plants of India by CSE GRP 2005 and earned the Productivity Excellence Award 2007-08, Energy Conservation Award 2008, NCB award 2007, Building Leadership Award 2007, National Award for Environmental Excellence & Energy Management 2007, Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility 2007, ICWAI National Award 2007 for Excellence in Cost Management, The Pinnacle Cement 2006 award by MTech Zee TV, Green Tech Safety Award and a place of pride amongst the top ten companies in India in HR practices (as per the Business Today - TNS Mercer survey).
An integral part of major projects of IGNP, Sardar Sarovar Dam, Golden Quadrilateral and key corporations like L&T, Reliance, NTPC, Essar and Airport Authority of India; JK Lakshmi Cement has become the preferred choice among the customers because of its consistency, high level of quality and impeccable customer service.
The Company offers its cement products in three variants, including Cement 53 Blended, 53 Grade ordinary Portland cement (OPC) and 43 Grade OPC. Its cement manufacturing facility in Sirohi (Rajasthan) has an annual production capacity of 3.5 million tons. The Company has a network of 70 cement dumps and over 2200 dealers spread across the states of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Mumbai and Pune.
JK Lakshmi Cement 53 (blended) has a minimum guaranteed strength of 53 mega pascals (mpa), and is used for applications, such as all types of Roller Compacted Concrete (R.C.C.) work, plastering, underground structures, dams, heavy machinery foundations, marine structures and hydropower stations. Its 43 Grade OPC is used for applications, such as commercial buildings, industrial constructions, multi-storeyed complexes, cement concrete roads and heavy duty floors.
- Awarded with an Excellence Award in Human Resources - Best Employer 2010 - by The Employer's Association of Rajasthan in Jaipur.
- Presented the Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award 2011 by former Chief Justice of India Shri. M. N. Venkatachaliah.
- Chosen as a 'Star Brand' for 2011.
- Awarded 'Leaders Award' for 'Green Manufacturing Excellence Award 2011' instituted by Frost & Sullivan.
- Productivity Excellence Award for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Smt. Vinita Singhania honoured with 'Greentech HR Excellence Award 2010'.
- Smt. Vinita Singhania honoured with 'Leading Businesswoman of the Year 2010'.
- JK Lakshmi excellence proven at CIDC Awards in 2010.
- Smt. Vinita Singhania receives 'Golden Peacock Women Business Leadership Award - 2010.
- A 2.7 million mtpa greenfield plant at Durg in Chattisgarh with around Rs1.2 billion investment; scheduled to be completed by October 2013.
- Also runs a 1.5 mtpa cement manufacturing facility at Udaipur.
- Investment of Rs145 crore for RMC units.
- Grinding unit in North Haryana as well as neighbouring markets like Delhi, UP, and Punjab.
- New grinding unit of half million tone output.
- Launch the Durgh Plant by March 2012, which will boost the capacity from 4.7 to 5.3 mn tonne (Rs 100 crore project).
- Launch a plant in Chhattisgarh by 2013, which will result in the increase in capacity from 5.3 mn tonne to 8 mn tonne (2.7 mn capacity, Rs 250 crore CAPEX).
- JKLC plans to add four new plants by March 2012 (Rs.1500 crore).
Recognizing its position in the Indian corporate arena, JK Lakshmi Cement Limited is highly committed about its responsibility towards the society and the environment. Various programs for social welfare have been initiated, which have received enormous response from the masses.
- Most of JK Lakshmi's social development efforts are directed towards the villages around their plants, and the masons and contractors who form the backbone of the construction industry. Naya Savera: The integrated family welfare programme was launched in July 2004 in collaboration with the Population Foundation of India, with the objective of providing health related and family planning advice to the families of the villagers.
- Medical Camps: JK Lakshmi Cement Limited frequently sets up medical camps for the benefit of the physically challenged. As part of these camps, the patients receive free medical help from qualified doctors and appropriate supportive equipment is also distributed. Free eye operations and post-operative treatment are also provided to needy eye patients.
- JK Lakshmi SahyogiSanrakshan Club: The SahyogiSanrakshan Club covers over 34000 members including masons, small contractors and other skilled workers of the construction industry. The members of the group are insured against accidental death and permanent disability under the Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy. The premium is paid by JK Lakshmi. Presently, As of now, a benefit of Rs. 11 Lacs has been disbursed to the affected families.
- JK Lakshmi Cement Limited is deeply conscious of its responsibility towards the environment. Extensive plantation, keeping the emissions within strict norms, treatment of the effluents and conservation of water receive high focus. The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has rated JK Lakshmi Cement plant amongst the Greenest Cement Plants of India.
- Recently, JK Lakshmi has set up various innovative / environment friendly projects such as:
- Waste heat recovery 12 mw power plant i.e. a saving of 55000 MT of CO2 per annum.
- Installation of flyash drying system.
- Installation of biomass handling system i.e. "replacement of fossil" fuel by biomass.
- Installation of additional 18 mw power plant.
- With the capacity expansion and further commissioning of a split location grinding unit at Kalol (Gujarat), the combined capacity of the Company today stands at 4.75 Million MT per annum. This makes about seven per cent of the total cement capacity of the north and west region.
- JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd's state-of-the-art plant at Jaykaypuram, dist. Sirohi, Rajasthan is an award winning cement manufacturing facility with an annual production capacity of 4.2 million tonnes.
- It has a wide network of 70 cement dumps and over 2200 dealers spread across the states of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Delhi, Haryana, U.P., Uttaranchal, Punjab, J&K, Mumbai and Pune; with a wide pool of trained and dedicated marketing and technical service team.
- The limestone used in the manufacturing of JK Lakshmi Cement is of highly superior quality, resulting in cement that is well recognized for strength and durability and is comparable to the best in the world.
- Has played an important role in the nation's important projects like IGNP, SardarSarvorar project and other major customers include L&T, Reliance, Essar and Airport Authority of India, Punj Llyod, GVK, Kandla Port Trust, etc.
The technology used by JK Lakshmi ensures that the final product adheres to globally accepted standards of quality and performance.
- Use of high-end equipment such as the Gamma Metrics Machine and the X-ray Analyser ensures that each lot passing out of JK Lakshmi's manufacturing facility adheres to global standards of quality and performance; this has helped JK lakshmi Cement to acquire a leadership position in the markets which it operates in.
- JK Lakshmi Cement was the first company to introduce OPC 43 grade cement in North India
- The first company to have the ISO 9002 certificate in the cement industry in North India
- The first to launch coloured cement bags to create product differentiation
- Electronic packing machines obtained from M/s Ventomatic of Italy ensure that the customers obtain accurate quantities of JK Lakshmi's products.
- The plant is fully computerized and centrally controlled by programmable logic controller with colour VDU Control Stations ensuring consistency in product quality.
- Captive power capacity of 66 MW, including 12 MW from waste heat recovery another first in the cement industry.