Silo unloading systems
United Conveyor Corporation's silo unloading systems are designed to store and unload ash efficiently and cost effectively. In most cases, the silo unloading system has the option to transfer ash in either a dry or damp condition to trucks or rail cars. Dry ash unloading is typical when the fly ash is sold and recycled. Otherwise, the ash is conditioned with water in the mixer/unloader equipment to minimise dust during transfer. The delivery of dry material into the mixer/unloader is controlled by an ash feed system. The feed rate is set at initial start-up to optimise the conditioning of the material based on its physical and chemical characteristics. Both the mixer/unloader and ash feed system are operated by automatic controls.
- UCC ash feed intake valves are designed in-house for long-life, dependable service and easy maintenance.
- Precisely controlled ash feed rate into the mixer/unloader is specific to each plant and based on material testing of physical and chemical characteristics.
- Precise water spray providing complete and uniform wetting.
- Corrosion resistant mixing chamber.
- Dust capture and venting features are used on dry unloading systems to minimise particulate emissions.
United Conveyor Corporation