AIA Engineering to double capacity

AIA Engineering to double capacity

Gujarat-based AIA Engineering, the world´s second-largest manufacturer of high-chrome grinding media, is poised to more than double its capacity to 4,40,000 tonnes by the end of 2015. Grinding mills aid in the process of grinding and crushing of limestone, ore and coal, in cement, mining and thermal power plants. High-chrome grinding media manufactured by the company gives a higher output while reducing overall costs by around 3-4 per cent. A full 45 per cent of the total revenues in FY13 came from the mining sector. According to the company´s projections, these may go well over 60 per cent by FY15. AIA Engineering is positioning itself to tap the mining opportunity as well as increased market share in the cement sector, given its edge of differentiated technology built over 30 years, sales network across 72 countries, low cost base, proven track record and customised solutions.Globally the demand for grinding media is 2.5 million tonnes annually while that for high chrome is only one lakh. However, the market for high chrome grinding aids is growing rapidly. The technology is available with just a few players; AIA and Mogatteaux together account for over 80 per cent, remaining 20 per cent is catered by the Chinese.
No stories found.
Indian Cement Review
www.indiancementreview.com