Chettinad plans 100 mw CPP

Chettinad plans 100 mw CPP

Chettinad Cement has proposed setting up a 100 mw captive power plant (CPP) as a part of its 4 mtpa cement plant in Solapur district in Maharashtra. The proposed CPP, comprising two units of 50 mw each, would require 600,000t/yr of coal. Of the total requirement, 70 per cent would be imported coal and the remaining 30 per cent would be indigenous coal procured from the open market. Until the 100 mw CPP is commissioned, the 34.4 mw power requirement of the cement plant will be met by the Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB). The US$121m project has been conceived by Chettinad Cement with a view to entering the western and central markets of the country and to acquire pan-Indian presence.

Related Stories

Indian Cement Review
indiancementreview.com