Dr B V Raju Institute of Cement Technology
"Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions"
Anjani Cement is a popular brand in South India for its quality and commitment to service. The Company was started in 1999 and before completion of a decade of operation, it was awarded the 'Fastest Growing Cement Company' at Construction World Annual Awards and blessed with many other milestones in environment management, safety and CSR activities.
Starting with initial production capacity of 0.3 million tonnes per annum in 1999, the company has now achieved a quantum shift in its production capacity to 1.2 million tonnes per annum.
Anjani Cement has taken conscious and decisive measures to develop knowledge based society by providing quality education for the families of the employees and the people of neighbouring villages. The company has started Sita Memorial School near the plant for giving quality education to students of nearby villages.
In addition to these, an innovative venture Dr. B.V.Raju Institute of Cement Technology (BVRICT) was started last year by Anjani Cement. This institute is a brainchild of the CMD KV Vishnu Raju and is a tribute to Late Padma Bhushan Dr. B V Raju a celebrated cement technocrat, and founder promoter of Raasi Group in Andhra Pradesh. It is designed to be a trendsetter for many cement industries in the district of Nalgonda, says K V Vishnu Raju. BVRICT trains the rural youth in cement technology and prepares them for potential employment in cement industries. "Apart from the set objective this will also enhance the exclusive competencies of the work force of the cement industry" adds Vishnu Raju.
• Intake of about 25 students
• Qualifications required: Minimum Intermediate with Science subjects.
• The Institute: It is spread in an area of approx. 17 acres, overlooking the prestigious irrigation project of PULICHINTALA on the banks of river Krishna, with a built-up area of more than 12,000 sq ft. This includes class rooms, labs, computer room and seminar halls.
• Facilities and Equipments: All testing equipment including electronic weighing machine, test sieves (45, 90 & 212 microns), oven (100-1200oC, gears, couplings and bearings for model presentation, Flow sheet of total cement manufacturing process, ball mill and kiln model, thermocouples and pressure gauges, portable gas analyzer and Anemometer etc. Demonstration equipments like fans, gearboxes, and mills will also be available. A running ball mill for preparation of raw meal/cement is located in the campus to give practical training on grinding methods, mill liners and maintenance of transmission devices.
• Faculty: Both in house full time faculty and external faculty, professionals from cement plants, guest faculty from equipment suppliers/ machinery manufacturers, technical institutes/ bodies like NCCBM, CII & from professional engineering colleges have been scheduled to train the students.